Ask a tween about braces and you will discover that many of them are excited about their orthodontic adventure. They’re ready for this rite of passage. They want others to see how cool they look with their brackets and wires and rainbow of rubber bands. How can you develop the same kind of optimism and excitement and fall in love with your own adult braces? Just keep the following in mind.
Adult Braces Come in All Shapes and Sizes
Maybe tweens are OK with metal mouth, but as a grown-up, you’re not necessarily on board. That’s OK. You don’t have to be. There are under-the-radar adult braces that straighten your teeth without informing the whole world of your braces every time you open your mouth:
- Invisalign: These clear aligners are practically invisible. Super slim and clear, they snap into place over your teeth and shift them into alignment tooth by tooth. Invisalign is a top choice for adult braces because they don’t interfere with the rest of your life. You can smile, speak, and go about your day without being interrupted by braces. Plus, there are no food restrictions, so you can eat whatever you want.
- Ceramic Braces: If you aren’t a good candidate for Invisalign, the next best option for discreet orthodontics is ceramic braces, or clear braces. Tooth-colored brackets and wires blend in with your enamel, making this orthodontic route far more subtle.
- Lingual Braces: It’s not a common choice, but lingual braces can be done in the right situation and for the right patient. In this scenario, brackets are attached to the back of the teeth, which certainly prevents the wearer from feeling like a brace face.
There Are So Many Benefits to Straight Teeth
Sometimes the best way to get through the present is to remind yourself of the future. Why are you straightening your teeth? What are the advantages to getting adult braces? Everyone has their own motivation to pursue a straight smile, but here are some of the benefits nearly everyone experiences at the end:
- Healthy teeth: Straight teeth are easier to clean and keep healthy.
- Strong bite: Braces straighten tooth and roots and bite, minimizing the likelihood of TMJ or other bite and jaw problems.
- Beautiful smile: There is no denying that a straight smile is a good-looking smile, and braces will deliver so you feel better about yourself and look better.
Love Is Right Around the Corner When You Have Straight Teeth
Looking for love? Or maybe you’re just hoping to love yourself a little more. Either way, adult braces can help.
Braces don’t have to get in the way if you’re dating online, flirting in person, or angling for that second date. Discreet braces won’t interfere with selfies, kissing, or getting-to-know-you conversations. Adult braces are designed for adults who have busy lives and obligations.
Orthodontics can work for you. Make an appointment with Woodinville, Washington orthodontist Dr. Soleil Roberts to talk about adult braces and the best options for your new smile.